Ben is a Shareholder and practice Co-Chair of the Construction & Design Group at the law firm of Hill Ward Henderson. As a Board Certified Construction Attorney, his practice primarily involves the negotiation and drafting of construction-related agreements and complex construction litigation claims involving contracts, construction defects, design errors, and construction liens. Ben represents owners, developers, contractors, construction managers, design professionals and subcontractors in all phases of the construction process. Active in both professional and bar-related activities, Ben is a member of the Construction Law Section for the Hillsborough County Bar Association. He has authored articles and spoken at seminars on various construction law topics, and is also an active member of the Forum on the Construction Industry for the American Bar Association. Ben recently completed his gubernatorial appointment to the Construction Industry Licensing Board in June 2014 and is a member of the Florida Council for Public-Private Partnerships. Representative experience as counsel for:
- Publicly-traded real estate investment trust and general contractor against associations, insurers, and subcontractors in several multimillion-dollar construction defect cases regarding construction of apartment and/or condominium projects
- Construction manager regarding extra work and delay claims for the construction of $107 million waste-to-energy facility
- Publicly-traded national home builder in $10 million arbitration regarding construction defect and fiduciary claims for a subdivision of 1,500 single family homes
- Publicly-traded manufacturer of construction materials in $60 million delay claim case regarding the design and construction of a manufacturing facility
- Publicly-traded supplier of raw water transmission pipe products in $20 million construction defect and delay claim case regarding the expansion of a county government’s water treatment facility
- Private developer regarding the construction of a $70 million luxury beachfront hotel and resort.
Ben serves as Chair of the Board of Directors for the Children’s Dream Fund, a nonprofit organization which fulfills the dreams of children suffering from life-threatening and debilitating illnesses. He is also an active member of Leadership Florida (Class XXXI) and served on its Board of Directors (2013-2014).